When your product is ready for a sоft launch, we normally suggest doing a first playtest – a user acceptance testing by real players – in order to evaluate playability, management, the player’s immersion into the game, the overall impression, as well as the player retention and monetizing potential.
Usually 30-50 players participate in playtests, with all their actions being recorded and all arising difficulties being fixed.
A playtest is a sort of a gameplay experience prototype that allows to:
- know players’ first response;
- have feedback and get guidance for making a decision on further development;
- avoid possible mistakes and minimize redevelopment costs;
- determine the effectiveness of game mechanics and user experience;
- test the game in a specific segment of target audience or region.